Saturday, July 2, 2011

Dani you live here...

Some days, usually while driving, it hits me. This giant blindfold is graciously removed only to reveal the reality I get to call my own. Los Angeles has been a dream. Now although I do love it, here I'm referring not to the dream it has been living in California, but rather to a more reoccurring adolescent dream- one that included one day moving to the land of leisure which is recognizably cool enough for only two letters. And then, one day, it was done. The check mark checked, the rent checks cut, the deadbolt locked. I had a new home, in this faraway land that once seemed so unattainable, so distant, so unimaginably perfect- too perfect for reality. Yet here I sit, peeping out and over my patio edge into the sunshine that has made a routine of waking me each day and it hits me- this is my home. I did what I said I'd wanted to do. I'd followed through. I admit a vice of mine is the inability to receive credit where credit is due. I happily give others chance upon chance at a redemption I don't allow myself. So this happy reminder of accomplishment is not only just a means of brightening my day when it so unexpectedly occurs, but it serves to maybe even plumpen my heart, and feed my soul and self-worth just a little itty bit more- and who doesn't need a little of that from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment