Sunday, October 2, 2011

New Additions to The Kitch

THIS IS MY NEW APRON!!! It was gift card paid for, which is just a double present in itself if you ask me. Today was the start of an ongoing project I'm working on in the kitchen, and there was nothing like falling in love with an apron and discovering it was cheap! It fits wonderfully, with all the right nooks in all the right crannies- and it made my day today- along with a boatload of other goodies I picked up at Crate & Barrel.

It's funny how little things like this can brighten your day. To me, an apron pulls on the memory-strings of growning up & learning how to cook in my Dad's kitchen. His style was his own, complete always, with a glass of wine, and and apron. And I now know it should always be so. Wearing an apron, I catch myself feeling instantly more domestic, with thoughts of pie crusts cooling in the window and the waft of chicken dinners agog in my head.

So when I saw this fall-inspired essential I knew it was the beginning of great things ahead in my little kitchen. I can't wait to see what I can create in this adorable new addition to my home.

The other new purchase I couldn't be more excited about is the amazing soup & sandwich saucer below. On sale- this was just fun enough to be a gift-card approved buy. The bowl is just perfect for morning oatmeal & yogurt parfaits paired with toast, or coffee & tea with a pastry, or my favorite- warm soup & grilled cheese. I can't wait to dress up these porcelain beauties this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment